Within the energy sector, APMC operates as the commercial arm of the Government of Alberta. The Commission is responsible for the following:
- Marketing the Crown’s conventional oil royalty received in kind and setting prices used in the valuation of the Crown royalty share of natural gas, natural gas liquids, and sulphur;
- Adding value to Alberta’s energy resources;
- Expanding access to global energy markets
APMC Roles and Mandate
APMC is governed by a board of directors appointed by the Minister of Energy.
The directors are:
- Grant Sprague, Chair and Deputy Minister of Alberta Energy
- Roxanne Leblanc, Assistant Deputy Minister of the Ministry Services Division of Alberta Energy
- Diane J. Pettie, Independent Director
- Stephanie Sterling, Independent Director
- David Mowat, Independent Director
- Corrina Bryson, Independent Director
- Terrance Kutryk, Independent Director
The board of APMC passed a
Code of Conduct for its directors and employees.
Chief Executive Officer
Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission
Adrian Begley is a practicing professional engineer with over 25 years of diverse senior leadership experience in the energy industry, including petroleum, utilities, construction, research, and development. Leading APMC as CEO since 2017, Mr. Begley holds a Bachelors's Degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Alberta, is a current member of APEGA and served as a Board Member with the Canadian District Energy Association and an Executive Member of the Canadian Chapter of the International District Energy Association.
APMC Operational Staff