Within the energy sector, APMC operates as the commercial arm of the Government of Alberta. The Commission is responsible for the following:
- Marketing the Crown’s conventional oil royalty received in kind and setting prices used in the valuation of the Crown royalty share of natural gas, natural gas liquids, and sulphur;
- Adding value to Alberta’s energy resources;
- Expanding access to global energy markets
APMC Roles and Mandate
APMC is governed by a board of directors appointed by the Minister of Energy.
The directors are:
- Grant Sprague, Chair and Deputy Minister of Alberta Energy
- Douglas Borland, Assistant Deputy Minister of the Ministry Services Division of Alberta Energy
- Diane J. Pettie, Independent Director
- Stephanie Sterling, Independent Director
- David Mowat, Independent Director
- Corrina Bryson, Independent Director
- Terrance Kutryk, Independent Director
The board of APMC passed a
Code of Conduct for its directors and employees.
Adrian Begley, P.Eng.
Chief Executive Officer
Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission
Adrian Begley is a practicing professional engineer and brings over 25 years of diverse experience in petroleum, utilities, construction and research and development. Mr. Begley recently held the position of Vice President of Project Development and Execution with Value Creation Inc. He has held previous positions as President and COO of Pacer Corporation, Vice President with Enmax Corporation and held senior positions with Canadian Natural Resources Limited and Syncrude Canada Limited. Mr. Begley started his career with the Alberta Oil Sands Technology and Research Authority (AOSTRA). He has been a Board Member with the Canadian District Energy Association and an Executive Member of the Canadian Chapter of the International District Energy Association and holds a Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Alberta.
Adrian is a current member of APEGA.
APMC Operational Staff